This is a “Ten on Tuesday” post I started earlier this month (before things got really out of control around here) and never finished. I’m going to go ahead and publish it as-is (and post date it for accuracy) because some blogging is better than nothing when it comes to memory keeping. At this point my last two years of blogging will all fit in about a 20 page book. Someday I’m going to be sorry about that!
- During my pregnancy with Addie I was addicted to the lemon, citrusy smell of Lysol 4 in 1 cleaner. I craved it. I looked for things to clean so that I could spray it. This time around I’m in love with the smell of Dawn soap. I’ll do the dishes by hand just to use the soap. I wipe down the shower every night with the Dawn/vinegar mix, just for some sniffing. Nesting related? Who knows.
- Speaking of nesting, I want to organize and decorate. I do NOT want to pack and clean. Unfortunately I only have packing and cleaning to do this month.
- Jacob is studying to take Step 3 of the board exams in a week. He gets up early and studies before work. Then after work he comes home for an hour or so (it’s never enough time for Addie. She makes him go out and water the yard “the plants are waking daddy!”, come in her room and play with her toys, sit on the couch and read books, etc.) and then he leaves to study again. Sometimes I’m already asleep by the time he comes home. Can’t WAIT till he’s done. I have not missed the student life where he had to study all the time and on top of resident life and everything else we have going on, it’s a lot.
- We still don’t know where we’re going to live in UT. We’ve looked at some rentals. We’ve looked at buying. I went up to UT and looked at some communities. But things are really up in the air still.
- Our business is booming and I can’t keep up with the product demands. We’re coming up on our “busy season” so it makes sense to crank out as many of the new big products as we can but who can find the time??
- Addie is so cute and funny these days. She chatters to me all day long. She loves to play with her Little People princesses. She’s wild and climbs on (then jumps off) everything. And she’s started waking up at 6 AM no matter how late I let her stay up, heaven help me. The only blessing is she actually begs to go to bed at night because she’s so tired. She often starts asking around 6:30 but I don’t let her go to bed before 7. I don’t want her to start waking up at 5 AM!
- I’ve been watching all the seasons of Gilmore Girls while I clean, work, etc. Addie sings along to theme song now (but otherwise pays absolutely no attention to it) and it makes me strangely proud.